Runestrike

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please. -Runestrike

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Runestrike

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please. -Runestrike

Runestrike

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hello users, we have a new client, please download RunestrikeV1.1 in our Client Download section of the forum. Or click Here. Please note, this client has tormented demon model.

My new game

Mod Tom
    Mod Tom
    Owner | Web Developer
    Owner | Web Developer

My new game Empty My new game

Post by Mod Tom Mon May 09, 2011 6:17 pm

Gods of the Outland (Goto)
    Download the game here: http://uppit.com/jyx95lmxcqf0/Goto_Demo_Version.exe

Table of Contents

I. Introduction
    II. More about the game
    III. System requirements
    IV. Inside Goto
    V. Quick game review
    VI. What the full game will feature
    VII. How to download
    VIII. Contact information & updates
    IX. Images of the game

I. Introduction
    Hey everybody, my friend and I have created our first game, though it's a MS-Dos TBA (Some of the most original games ever created as original computers were only in command prompts, similar as ours). This entire game was created with command prompt, nor did we watch any tutorials on how to do it, I learned everything by just typing in 'Help' into command prompt and going from there.

II. More about the game...
    This game was created recently and as I said before, it is a text based adventure with more graphics then other games such as 'ZORK'. By more graphics, I mean I personally added some cool 'images' into the game. Also, we have a full commands list unlike ZORK in which you can find in the game files along with a readme.

III. As for system requirements on the game
    Quote from my friend who helped me make this "The system requirements are that Macs wont work and you need windows 7 or later, and pretty much any working hardware you can find in the dump." Please note: Our paths for some of the in-game options were only tested with two different computers, so if you wouldn't mind submitting your desktop directory if yours does not work, we can add it to the full version of the game once we finish it.

IV. Inside Goto...
    Our game features 100% saving and loading, this was a big advancement as many TBA's do not have this feature working 100%. Game testers were able to 'skip' deep into the game with these load codes and it was promptly patched so you cannot 'steal' load codes. The game has multiple Inns spread out the entire game in which you can enter, once you enter an Inn, in the top right corner will be a save ID which is also saved into 'SaveFiles' folder inside the 'Goto-game' Game folder along with the commands list and the readme.

V. Quick game review
    For most people, a good game review is what most people need, we have a good review here...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVm6ZIPw9MQ

VI.What the full version has to offer compared to our demo
    The full version will feature many more bug fixes which were not fixed on the demo version. We will also have much more game play and tons more quests. We will also release a credits option to the home screen in which a full list display of all those who helped work on the game... currently is growing, if you're interested in contacting me to help with perhaps... a future project or a current, please email me at 'gotogame@live.com'.

VII. How to download
    Downloading a text based adventure has to be one of the most easiest things to do and you can hardly go wrong, it's basically, you do it right or we have the paths wrong for your computer. But here is a quick runthrough, when you download the game from here http://uppit.com/jyx95lmxcqf0/Goto_Demo_Version.exe you will have to save the game to your desktop before running it, or else game files will be added to the wrong directory and the game will not load (The game will not load if the game files are not on the desktop to prevent corrupted files, as the save files are to be created and saved on the desktop folder.) After you've downloaded the game, you can just restart it, and it should run properly, if you get errors when trying to get the game files such as "Cannot find path" please post your desktop directory. For example, most computer desktop directories are as simple as this "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\" and the game will not run properly if we do not have the desktop directory. We will release as many directories as possible with the full version.

VIII. Contact information & updates
    As stated previously you can contact us via email (gotogame@live.com) or by our youtube channel (https://www.youtube.com/gotogame) and soon to be our forum which has not been released yet.
    Currently the game is only in demo version, we will be releasing full version within 3 weeks of the demo release.

IX. Images of the game
    My new game 34i1ny8
    My new game 2py6qzp
    My new game 103bbz7
    ^100% timed countdown

Thank you for your time, please email me if you find any bugs with the game, and leave KIND feedback below, otherwise leave, I can say it all day long.. "It's our first game ever."

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 9:42 am